KING Art Games is the studio behind Iron Harvest. Their most popular games include The Dwarves, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Battle Worlds: Kronos, The Book of Unwritten Tales, and The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles.
KING Art is an independent game developer based in Bremen, Germany. They have many years of experience in creating games for all major platforms. They currently have 40 employees across several teams at offices in Bremen and work with as many freelancers around the globe. KING Art is a member of the German Games Industry Association (GAME) and the industry association bremen digitalmedia.
- In 2000, KING Art was founded by Marc König and Jan Theysen as a multimedia agency. Since their school days, the two had wanted to develop videogames.
- In 2001, the first KING Art game was released: Murphys Gesetz (Murphy’s Law) for web browsers.
- Subsequently, many projects were completed for customers like RTL / Sport1, ARAG, ProSieben, and Daimler Benz.
- In 2007, KING Art worked on their first boxed game called Black Mirror 2, which was completed internally at then-publisher dtp.
- 2009 saw King Art’s first boxed game release: the point & click adventure game The Book of Unwritten Tales. It was the most successful adventure game of the year and at the time one of the highest-rated German games ever.
- Many more successful adventures followed, such as The Critter Chronicles (on PC), The Raven, and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (both on PC and consoles).
- In 2010, they also started to develop Free-to-Play browser and mobile games, like Drivals for Gameforge and MyFreeZoo for Upjers.
- In 2013, they released their first Kickstarter project with the turn-based strategy game Battle Worlds: Kronos. Given the success of the campaign, they did another one for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 one year later.
- In 2015, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 was released on 10 platforms (PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii-U, iOS, and Android).
- 2016 saw the release of the third Kickstarter game: The Dwarves, based on the bestselling book. It was also the first game co-published by KING Art.