Infantry units are the backbone of every army in Iron Harvest. They are cheap, relatively fast, and - most important of all - extremely versatile. They can equip different weapons and tools to get new abilities or to change the type of damage they deal. A standard infantry with a rifle can’t harm a mech, but the very same infantry squad could find grenades, mines, or hand cannons on the battlefield to change that. Infantry units become specialists by collecting weapons or equipment right off the battlefield; they can also be promoted at a base.
Infantry units can also man weapon systems like heavy MGs, cannons, and mortars. Aside from standing, when a unit lies on the ground, it's harder to hit but also much slower. The kneeling position is for low covers.
They fight in squads and can level up two times (veteran, elite). They are the only unit type that can conquer resource buildings/flags and man bunkers. They are unarmoured units, so keeping them in cover whenever possible - for example in trenches or behind walls - is crucial. Each faction has one standard infantry.
There are seven different classes of Infantry specialists in the game.
- Grenadiers: They have the same main weapon as the faction’s standard infantry, but they can also use grenades to cause area-of-effect damage and damage to light- and medium-armoured units.
- MG: Equipped with a light MG that needs a short build-up time before it's combat ready. However, when it is, it's very effective against unarmoured units in its cone of fire.
- Gunners: The "heavies" among the infantry units. Equipped with a cannon, they can damage everything up to heavy armoured units. Pretty slow, though.
- Engineers: Poorly armed, but extremely versatile. Can build buildings and fortifications, repair mechs, lay mines, and use explosives.
- Medics: Players want to keep their most experienced squads alive. For that, they can heal and reinforce troops near their HQ... or have their field medic take care of that.
- Flamethrower: Equipped with 20 litres of liquid hell, the flamethrower unit is a deadly enemy against infantry - even in trenches and bunkers. Explodes when killed.
Heroes • Infantry • Mechs
|Polania Republic||Heroes: Anna • The Cavalry|
Infantry: Engineer • Grenadier • Gunner • Rifleman
Mechs: PZM-12 "Tur" • Recon-Mech "Smialy"
|Heroes: Olga Romanova|
|Heroes: Gunter von Duisburg|
Infantry: Mortar Battle Suit • Gunner • Stormtrooper
Mechs: Gatling-Mech Bär
|Heroes: Akiko • Bjorn • Connor • Zehra|